PARISH CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL
The present church was built in 1737, and it was devoted to Our Lady of Mount Carmel in 1739. It was constructed on the foundations of a smaller church from the 15th century, which was originally devoted to Nativity of Mary (Mala Gospa), and after the battle of Lepanto to Lady of the Rosary (Gospa Ružarica). During the Cretan War in the 17th century, this church was torn down, and the present parish church was built on its remains. On the external side of the apse there is an image of Madonna with a child from the 15th century with a Glagolitic inscription below it dating back to the 18th century. Above the script, there is a Ghotic relief of Our Lady with Infant Jesus. A smaller altar to the right is the oldest, and it has a Glagolitic inscription with a cross and indication of the year 1428. This text talks about construction of the first church. In the 20th century, the altar was partially restored and devoted to the Heart of Jesus. Opposite this altar, there is the altar of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.